This is a list of the categories of emergency and long term storage food we carry and a little about their uses and cost. Please call us if you have any questions 503-252-2525
1. MRE’s – Meals, Ready To Eat – No Cooking required
MRE’s = Meals, Ready To Eat – Full Meal packs 12 per case. 6 menus twice per case. A great survival food. This is the easiest food to store and eat in any emergency. Only your fingers are required. This is the food you see being used in most of the disasters and emergency situations around the world. Just like the military MRE’s only made for general civilian use.
2. No Cook Food Units | Food Storage Units – ready to go food storage solutions for 1 person or a whole family. For those who are able. Often its a good plan to get everything you need to secure your families needs.
3. Freeze Dried Foods – No Cooking required. Just Add Water.
Freeze Dried Foods are the second easiest food to use in most any emergency. You just need to add water, wait 10 minutes and eat. No cooking is required. Hot water makes a hot meal and cold water makes a cold meal.
4. Air Dried – Dehydrated Foods
Air Dried Food in #10 cans ( about a gallon size ) Many of the air dried foods will require some cooking to help rehydrate them. Many do not, for example apple sauce granules only require cold water and then you are ready to eat. Potato granules are instant mashed potatoes and if you add them to boiling water along with some salt and butter you are ready to eat. Peas, corn carrots require 10-15 minute simmer to rehydrate. Please note the variety we put in our units for a more balanced diet.
5. Grains, Beans, Seeds, Legumes in poly buckets
Grains, beans, seed, and legumes packed for long storage in poly buckets. These items are your least expensive and generally require more work to be able to eat them. Wheat, for instance, needs to be ground into flour for bread, rolls, and pancakes. This means you will need a grain mill which we also have available.
6. Canned Real Butter, Real Cheese, Real Meats.
7. Garden Seeds Home Garden Seeds, Green Houses of all sizes.
Garden Seeds: 40 Variety garden seed pack of heirloom, non-hybrid seeds for longer storage.
8. FREE International e-mail News Letter
Subscribe to The Portland Preparedness Center’s FREE International e-mail News Letter And Instantly
9. Free Food Storage Calculator – Helps to figure out your family food storage needs.
10.OvaEasy Whole Egg Crystals
11. OXYGEN ABSORBERS & MYLAR BAGS